Adonit Ink Pro Support
What is the Adonit Ink Pro?
Adonit Ink Pro is a fine point Bluetooth stylus created exclusively for windows powered tablets and 2-in-1 devices. It is certified by Microsoft, and integrates Microsoft Pen Protocol (MPP) that allows Ink to communicate with your Windows devices.
Ink Pro is a multi-function tool that suits your needs in any workspace, you can use the shortcut button to erase and right click as well as use advanced features like palm rejection and pressure sensitivity.
The Bluetooth features include activating Windows digital assistant Cortana instantly by the microphone incorporated in the Ink Pro; the two shortcut buttons serve Page Down and Page Up in Microsoft PowerPoint and the built-in laser point makes your presentation more effective.
What devices will Ink Pro work with?
Ink has been tested with and is compatible with the following devices:
- MICROSOFT - Microsoft Surface 3, Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Microsoft Surface Pro (2017), Microsoft Surface Book, Microsoft Surface Laptop, Microsoft Surface Studio
- ACER - Acer Spin 5, Acer Nitro 5 Spin
- ASUS - ASUS Transformer Mini (T102HA), ASUS Transformer 3 Pro (T303UA), ASUS Transformer 3 (T305CA), ASUS Transformer Pro (T304UA), ASUS ZenBook Flip S (UX370UA), Vivobook Flip 12 R211NA, Vivobook Flip 14 R211NA
- DELL - Dell Inspiron 13 7373 2-in-1, Dell Inspiron 15 7573 2-in-1
- HP - Envy 17-aexxx, Envy x360 15-bp0xx, Envy x360 15-bq0xx, Pavilion x360 11m-ad0xx, Pavilion x360 14m-ba0xx, Pavilion x360 15-br0xx, Spectre x2 12-c0xx, Spectre x360 13-ac0xx, Spectre x360 13-ae000, Spectre x360 15-bl0xx
- OTHER - SONY VAIO Z Flip (VJZ13BX0211B)
What devices will NOT work with Ink Pro?
Ink has been tested with and is deemed incompatible with the following devices:
- Apple - Ink Pro is not compatible with any Apple product
- MICROSOFT - Microsoft Surface Pro 2, Microsoft Lumia 950
- ACER - Acer Aspire r5-571tg, Acer Aspire Switch 12, Acer Aspire R3-431T
- ASUS - Zenbook Flip (UX360CA), ASUS-ZenBook-Flip-UX560UQ
- DELL - Dell Inspiron (7568), Dell Inspiron 15 5000, Dell Latitude 11 (5175), Dell Latitude 11 (5179), Dell Latitude 12 (7275), Dell Latitude 3189, Dell latitude 7350, Dell latitude 7480, Dell Venue 10 Pro (5056), Dell Venue 8 Pro (5855), Dell XPS 12 (9250), Dell XPS 9365, Dell XPS13, Dell XPS15, Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1 , Dell Ultrabook Latitude 5289, Dell Latitude E5480-256-SSD-Touch, Dell precision 7520, Dell Latitude 13 3379, Dell Precision 5520, Dell venue pro 11 (7140), Inspiron 15 5578 2-in-1, XPS 15-9560, Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1, Inspiron 13 7378 2-in-1, Inspiron 15 5578 2-in-1, Inspiron 15 7579 2-in-1
- HP - HP Elite x2, HP Elite X2 1012, Envy x2 13-j0xx, Envy x2 13-j1xx, Envy x2 15-c0xx, Envy x360 15-w0xx, Envy x360 15-w1xx, HP Envy 8 Note 5000, HP x2 10-p0xx, Pavilion x2 10-j0xx, Pavilion x2 10-k0xx, Pavilion x2 10-n0xx, Pavilion x2 10-n1xx, Pavilion x2 12-b0xx, Pavilion x2 12-b1xx, Pavilion x360 11-k0xx, Pavilion x360 11-k1xx, Pavilion x360 13-s0xx, Pavilion x360 13-s1xx, Pavilion x360 15-bk0xx, Pavilion x360 15-bk1xx, Spectre x2 12-a0xx, Spectre x360 13-40xx, Spectre x360 13-41xx, Spectre x360 15-ap0xx, HP ENVY x360 13-y023cl, HP 15-f387wm, HP Spectre 13-af013TU
- LENOVO - Lenovo X1 Yoga 2nd, Lenovo Yoga 710 - 14 IKB, Lenovo flex5, Lenovo yoga 910, Lenovo yoga 720, Lenovo yoga 9370, Lenovo miix 720, Lenovo miix 510
- OTHER - Windows Tablet Chuwi Hi10 plus, MP Man Converter 2in1, Trekstor Primebook c13, Huawei Matebook E, Toshiba Satellite P55W-C, Samsung Tab pro s, Linx 12x64, Samsung Notebook 7 Spin
My device was not listed, how do I know if it is compatible with Ink Pro?
Adonit Ink Pro will work with your device when the following requirements are met:
- Your device is a pen-enabled Windows tablet or touchscreen 2-in-1 laptop.
- Your device uses Microsoft Pen Protocol (MPP) to support active stylus.
- The brand and model of your device is listed on our website:
If your device is not on the list, kindly reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify compatibility.
Can I use Ink Pro on other capacitive touchscreen devices? (i.e. iOS device)
No. Adonit Ink Pro is designed for Windows devices. If you have an iOS device, we have other styluses for you, please refer to our iOS compatible stylus list to find out the best stylus for you. http://www.adonit.net/jot/
How do you begin using Adonit Ink Pro?
To begin using Ink Pro, simply hold down the button 1 until a green light is illuminated. Then place the tip on the screen to navigate, tap or write. You could also hold down the button 2 to erase and hold the button 1 to trigger right-click in most apps, however, the features might vary in different apps.
The Bluetooth features include activating Windows digital assistant Cortana.
How do you turn on / off Ink Pro?
- Turn your Adonit Ink Pro ON by holding down the button 1 or button 2 until a green light is illuminated.
- Turn your Adonit Ink Pro OFF by holding down both the button 1 and button 2 at the same time over 2 seconds until a red light blinks.
How to activate Cortana through the built-in microphone?
Before activating Cortana through the microphone, make sure the Bluetooth has been turned on and paired with Ink Pro as well as set Ink Pro as the default device in the sound settings.
Pair Ink Pro with your device in Bluetooth:
1. Find Settings by selecting Start button in the desktop at the lower left corner, then select ""Settings"".
2. In ""Bluetooth & other devices"", turn the Bluetooth ON, and click ""Add Bluetooth or other device"", then select Bluetooth "".
3. Now turn ON your Ink Pro by holding down the button 1 or button 2 until a green light is illuminated.
4. Wait until you see ""INK Pro"" is shown on the list, then select ""INK Pro"" and click ""Done"".
Set Ink Pro as the default device in the sound settings:
1. In ""Bluetooth & other devices"", click ""Add Bluetooth or other device"", then select ""Sound settings"".
2. Select ""INK Pro"" and click ""Set Default"".
3. Go back to Windows desktop, and click on the Cortana icon (a circle) in the taskbar, then the gear icon Settings at left hand side.
4. Find ""Keyboard shortcut"" and turn it on.
Activate Cortana by talking to the microphone:
1. Hold down the button 1 until LED light turns orange, and talk on the microphone right between the button 2 and the laser pointer button.
2. Release the button 1 if you want to quit using Cortana.
What are the most useful voice commands in Cortana?
1. How's the weather today?
2. Wake me up in half an hour.
3. Restaurants near me.
4. Go to/ Open (app name).
5. Create a note.
6. Translate Hello to Spanish.
7. How's my schedule looking today?
What do the LED lights mean on the Adonit Ink Pro?
Powering ON / OFF:
Green light flashes one time and goes off: Ink Pro has been powered on.
Red light flashes and then goes off: Ink Pro has been powered off.
Solid green light: Ink Pro is fully charged when connecting to the charging dock.
Solid red light: Ink Pro is charging.
Low Battery / Out of Battery:
Red light flashes two times: the battery gets low.
Red light flashes three times: Ink Pro is out of power.
Orange light: The button 1 was pressed down to activate Cortana through the built-in microphone.
Laser Pointer: the laser pointer button was pressed down.
How do I charge my Ink Pro?
To charge, place the back of Pixel on to the charging dock, and plug the USB connector into a standard USB port.
The red light will illuminate to indicate it's charging. When a solid green light shows, then it is fully charged and can be removed from the charging dock and used.
How long does it take to charge Ink Pro?
Ink should be fully charged in 45 minutes.
How long will Ink Pro last on a full charge? What is the battery life of the Ink?
24 hours of continuous use.
Does Ink Pro automatically turn off?
Ink Pro will automatically turn off after 15 minutes if no button is pressed or the tip is not pressed in.
What do the two shortcut buttons on the Ink Pro do?
Ink Pro features two shortcut buttons allowing you to quickly access features like eraser and right-click functions in any Ink-compatible devices.
When Ink Pro is paired with Bluetooth, the shortcut buttons are context-sensitive. In general, there are two different scenarios:
1. Activating Windows digital assistant Cortana instantly through the microphone incorporated in the Ink Pro.
2. Serving Page Down and Page Up in Microsoft PowerPoint in the presentation.
How do I use the shortcut buttons as eraser and right-click?
To use eraser function: Hold down button 2 and move the tip on the area you want to clear. The features might vary in different apps.
To use right-click function: simply hold button 1 and tap on the screen. The features might vary in different apps.
For example: right click on the desktop, a drop-down list will pop up, while on Microsoft OneNote, Lasso Select tool will be triggered.
How do I use the shortcut buttons as Page Down and Page Up?
Page Down and Page Up will only be triggered when Ink Pro is paired with Bluetooth and work with certain software, like Microsoft PowerPoint or Microsoft Edge. Please follow the steps below to get started:
1. Find Windows Settings in your device by clicking Start button on the lower left corner, then select ""Settings"".
2. In ""Bluetooth & other devices"", turn the Bluetooth ON, and click ""Add Bluetooth or other device"", then select ""Bluetooth"".
3. Now turn ON your Ink Pro by holding down the button 1 or button 2 until a green light is illuminated.
4. Wait until you see ""Ink Pro"" is shown on the Bluetooth list, then select ""Ink Pro"" and click ""Done"".5. Open your Microsoft PowerPoint and have your Ink Pro point the tip toward your device. Press the button 2 if you want to move a page UP, and button 1 page DOWN. Also, don't forget to use the handy Laser Pointer to emphasize your idea.
How do I use the special features of Ink Pro? (i.e palm rejection)
As long as your device supports Adonit Ink Pro, it will support the advanced features like palm rejection and pressure sensitivity. No need to set up in your device or apps. However, some apps may choose not to enable those active stylus features.
What apps do you recommend for Ink Pro?
Any app that supports Windows Ink will support Adonit Ink Pro. For a list of recommended apps, please visit Apps for Windows Ink page.
Can the lower button be used for something besides erasing?
No. All the features and effects were designed by apps, they are not able to be customized.
Can I change the functions of the right click button?
No. All the features and effects were designed by apps, they are not able to be customized
How do I use the right click function on Ink?
To use the right-click function, hold the upper button down and tap on the screen. The right-click effects might vary in different apps. For example: right click on the desktop, a drop-down list will pop up, while on Microsoft OneNote, Lasso Select tool will be triggered.
Does the shortcut button support functions like undo or redo?
No. All the features and effects in apps were designed by app, they are not able to be customized.
When I use Ink Pro’s right-click, why is the effect different from a Mouse?
The features/effects of right-click by mouse and Ink (any active stylus) may be different, it will depend on which functions the app designs for a stylus.
Can I turn off the cursor?
Yes, you can turn off cursor or visual effect in Windows Settings. Please follow the steps below:
1) go to Settings, choose Devices, and Pen & Windows Ink
2) Enable Cursor / Visual Effect
Does Ink Pro support tilt for shading?
Does Adonit Ink Pro support pressure sensitivity?
Yes, the pressure sensitivity level Ink Pro supports is from 1024 to 4096, it will vary depending on the device you use. Make sure your Windows operating system is updated to Windows 10.
Are there any replacement part available for Ink Pro?
Yes. Ink Pro has two replacement parts available, the tip and the charging dock. They can be purchased from our Spare Parts page.
How long will the tip last? How often do I need to change the tip?
The tip on Ink Pro was designed to be durable and should be able to cover over 100 km before getting worn out. Depending on use and storage, you may need to replace the tip over time.
What comes in the box?
Adonit Ink Pro, USB charging dock, and quick start guide.
Still have questions?
Email us at email@example.com and we'll be glad to lend you a hand.